For all speakers, please make arrangements to cover their expenses and any fees directly with the individuals involved. Most communities are happy for you to visit without charge, though you may like to consider making a donation on a ‘per pupil’ basis.
Please note that we are not responsible for the content of other websites.
- Mike Keogh (Triratna Buddhist Community [Formerly FWBO]): tel. 07775 928722; email email@example.com
- Triratna (FWBO) Buddhists in Bristol: www.bristol-buddhist-centre.org
- Paula-Boudica Brightwell: (Nichiren Daishonin) tel. 01458 443275 or 07952 409024.
- The Amitabha Buddhist Centre in Bristol. Please contact: Kelsang Rak-Ma, Education Programme Co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or see: www.meditationinbristol.org
- Lam Rim Tibetan: www.lamrim.org.uk/lrb_info.htm
- Sakya Tibetan: www.dechen.org/centres/southwest/bristol.html
- For Christian churches see: www.findachurch.co.uk/index.html
- Mike Strange, manager of the RE:Quest website, may also be available to talk to staff or work with pupils on using the site. Email: email@example.com
- Dhirashanta Das [ISKCON] Tel: 01566 786965 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ganga Devi [ISKON] Tel: 01761 462161 Email: email@example.com
- Hindu Temple, 163b Church Road, Redfield, Bristol, BS5 9LA .Tel: 0117 935 1007 – visits for pupils of all ages. Email Panditji Kamlesh Vyas (the priest at the Temple) at firstname.lastname@example.org To find out more about school visits to the Temple see: www.bristolhindutemple.co.uk/Community.htm
- Imam Ilyaas Limbada, Yeovil Mosque, 8 Westminster Street / Clarence Street, Yeovil, BA20 1AE. Tel: 01935 412685. Best to email some suggested dates for your visit to: email@example.com The Imam and his wife, Amina, are very pleased to receive school groups to visit the mosque and learn about Islam.
- Mr Farooq A. Siddique, Community Development Officer, Bristol Muslim Cultural Society, 404 Stapleton Rd., Bristol, BS5 6NQ, 0117 952 1802. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.bmcs.org.uk Office opening times are Mon-Fri 9.30am to 5pm but please note that the office is closed during Muslim prayer times, lunch-hour [1.30-2.30] and at weekends.
- IAEP: The Islamic Awareness and Education Project is operational again. Monowara Gani and Alan Duncan may be able to visit your school. Contact them via the website: http://www.iaep.org.uk/
- Bristol Progressive Synagogue, Bannerman Road, Bristol. Please use the contact form found at http://bwpjc.org/contact-2/
- Exeter Synagogue, Synagogue Place, Mary Arches Street, Exeter, EX4 3BA. They prefer age 8+, and charge £1 per pupil per visit. Contact Dr Paul Newgass, (President, Exeter Synagogue), who will also visit your school to talk about the Holocaust, on: 01392 251529 or email: email@example.com
- Robin and Arnold Kanarek Tel:01935 263667 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs Jane Silver-Corren is available for assemblies / INSET. Tel: 01308 459320 or email email@example.com
- Sara Leviton is available for assemblies, working with children or INSET for staff. See www.explorejudaismuk.co.uk for further details or contact Sara directly for prices: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gurdial Singh is available to visit schools and/or arrange visits to a Gurdwara in Bristol. Tel: 0117 956 6976 or 07981 130188 Email: email@example.com